May 25, 2008

Water......................how much water?

So I have been giving a lot of thought to the teachings to establish a healthy food storage. This morning President Monson alluded to the teachings of how important it is to have a food storage. I always wonder if we really have enough to keep us going for three months or even a year. While we have done fairly well I suppose that there is always more to do. This is a link to an article that I read earlier today, http://mormontimes.com/ME_index.php?id=1145 it sheds some more light on the importance of calculated and careful planning in preparation of a fud storage. Water, water, water. How can we possibly store enough water to get a family and likely some thirsty neighbors through a catastrophe or a disaster. There is only so much in a toilet tank and hopefully we don't have to resort to that, plus I can't imagine those little mints Leanna puts in her tank tasting that great. Even dexter stays clear. There are the water purifiers that come in pretty handy, but man start saving because for any of them that provide a reliant and consistent supply of water they cost quite a bit. Anyways....

Well the family is supposedly doing pretty well. Rox and the monkeys are in Brooks this weekend. As I had a mountain of paperwork to complete I needed to stay home and fight the battle. Just had some rain here last night and ironically I found that I didn't sleep as well as normal. I missed the thumping noises coming out of Addie's room and the squeaking noises coming from Dev's. The fam is coming back tomorrow. It will be nice to see them. I think that Keato is coming over tonight to eat Gramma Pierson's perogies with me. Can't wait! ciao.

No comments: