May 16, 2008

Make Believe

I have got to say that watching Addie grow and change has been the funnest thing ever. I know it will be facinating with each child, but as the first, she sure has us thinking she is amazing.

She has started to play make believe all the time. She has kind of been doing it for awhile, but in the last couple weeks it has gotten better and better. She is always talking to herself, and her babies. She now has them all named except one. Butterfly baby is still just baby, and then there is her favorite, benny, and alice, there is emma, baby puppy, baby jaguar, and baby bear and she not has a pony too. She LOVES them. Her bed is often pretty full with 2 or three of her little friends in each arm....but whatever the combination may be, Benny is always there. In this picture she is putting one of her bibs on benny so he can eat at their tea partyThis is her castle. It is a kitchen, but that is what she calls it...
Ok, so Devin has been smiling A LOT more and this is the best picture I have gotten so far. We sure love this little guy. He is starting to get into a pretty good schedule, and last night was by far our best night EVER. I woke up feeling rested! It's amazing how good that feels. It is kind of funny though, because Justin was the opposite. Addie kept having nightmares last night, so he spent half the night on her floor. He woke up groggy and I was chipper. It was an opposite morning at our house today.....I kind of liked it;) Sorry hunny.
Doesn't he look peaceful all wrapped up in the sling. We came back from a walk and he was conked out for awhile on the couch.

For anyone who has kids you will know who the little blue bull is under Addie's arm. Benny the Bull- off Dora. That is who her doll was named after....I thought it was kind of fun to find her cuddling both Benny's on her stool.
other than that, things are going well for us this week. I am back in the swing of things with primary. I have pretty much taken 5 weeks off of sharing time and ward council and I start them both this sunday. Wish Justin luck...and Devin. he may be getting not just 1 bottle this sunday, but 2! I'm sure they'll do great. Addie has gotten way better at Nursery. She cries for a minute when we drop her off, but then she is fine. What a blessing!
Things have been busy for Justin at work. I am already looking forward to our 2 week holiday this summer...2 weeks with Daddy around all day will make all these long days he is working now worth it.
We sure have been enjoying the heat. Addie and I spend just about every minute Devin in sleeping out in the park. It is so fun and she is doing amazing on it! I will post pictures soon...I kep forgetting to take the camera out with us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big he is already! BOTH KIDS ARE SOOOOO CUTE! Looks like you're having fun ! Great job on the cake! Looks like a lot of work!

Anonymous said...

P.S. That comment was from Amy Purnell :)

steph said...

i'm so glad you started a blog. although you're pretty much the only person who has kept our family blog going. haha. addi and devin are both so cute. i love the make-believe that addi is doing. it's so fun to watch them learn and grow.

mommy p said...

Thank you so much for starting a blog. The pictures are priceless. Your kids are so cute. I look forward to future posts