Nov 8, 2009

Halloween and Swimming Lessons

We love Halloween. I love getting my kids all dressed up and going out. We thought this year was going to be a really cold Halloween night, so we decided to have a Halloween party with some friends in our ward. It actually ended up being a lot of fun for Addison and I to get ready for. We made a pinata, made lots of homemade decorations, and of course made the costumes. She was so excited about it, that it was fun for the whole family.

This is right after the pinata broke open.
In case it is not self explanitory, Addison is TinkerBell Devin is Peter Pan, Justin Captain Hook, and I am Wendy.
Devin LOVED his little dagger. It took him a long time to notice it was there, but once he did he thought it was pretty cool.



I was in charge of the pumpkin this year, and I HATED doing it because I am not a perfectionist and I had to be to make the Dora Pumpkin look good, but I was proud of it in the end and the kids loved it....2 hours later!!
Addie's month of swimming lessons ended last week. She really enjoyed them. The first week she was really shy and not so interested in paying attention to her teacher, but she got better and better and actually learned alot. She loves the water to begin with, so this was really fun for her. So this picture is of her swimming through the hoop. I took these pictures about half way through the course, so she got better at some of the things. She can not swim through the hoop with her head under water!

The back float.
They did this a lot. They wold swim with the floaty around their front or their back. She really improved at this too.

All in all, I am glad we did it. It did increase the business factor, but it was nice to be doing something for her.

6 comments:

steph said...

props to you on the costumes. they turned out adorable! good job little miss home-maker!! and good job on the dora pumpkin too. next yr i'm getting pumpkin carving tools/knives. our pumpkins were so sad since we used giant kitchen knives. haha.

we almost put crew in swimming lessons this fall but in the end we didn't sign up in time. next time. it looks like it was fun for addie. and the pool looks really nice!!

Lisa said...

Your costumes turned out so good! Devin is too cute as Peter Pan. What a great pool! I'm glad Addie had so much fun with her lessons. I really need to get Oliver into lessons.

Chalsey said...

Ah! I LOVE your costumes.. Too cute!

Lashauna said...

Way to go on those costumes! You guys all looked so cute! And I loved the pics of swimming lessons. I have never put Moses in, but it looked so great I might have to think about it!

Cheryl said...

I think house Halloween parties are the way to go! Sounds like fun!! Swimming is one of the best skills a parent can give their children. So many kids drown every year! Love you!

mommy p said...

Great costumes and Addie is so cute in the pool!